Fire Pit Regulations
Natural Gas, propane and wood fire pits are allowed in the City of Louisville under the following requirements:
- Fire is in an approved container
- The fire container is located at least 15 feet from combustables or structures
- Flame length is no more than 2 feet high
- The fire container is no more than 2 feet in diameter
- You can’t burn trash, leaves, or other yeard debris
Please be sensitive to your neighbors regarding the smoke caused by your pit.
If LFPD responds to your home and finds the fire unsafe, you will be requested to extinghush the fire immediately.